Skip to main content

If Wither and Ester went to Starbucks....

Wither and Ester walk into a Starbucks.

Wither:  hi.

Waitress: What can I get you?

Wither:  Some atmosphere…

Ester:  Uh Wither.. I don’t think you can get that..

Wither:  Sure I can!

Waitress: *Head shake*

Wither:  Well what are you getting?

Ester:  Can I have two Very Berry Hibiscus refreshers please?  And a Roasted Tomato and Mozarella Panini?

Waitress:  Will do!

Wither: *arm cross*  I can’t believe you made me hide my wings.

Ester:  I’m sorry… But this is the normal world.  We don’t have magical fairies with giant wings.  Anyways….

Wither: You… you’re supposed to trill the ‘r’. In Faerie.

Ester:  I can’t trill my rrs.  Mani’s trying to show me how.  So what I wanted you to meet me here for was……. Well…
Can you give me some relationship advice?
There’s a certain girl I.. like… and I don’t know how to approach her about it…

Waitress:  Two Very Berry Hibiscus Refreshers and a Pannini?

Ester:  I’ll get it

*Ester returns to the table*

Wither: *eyebrow raise* So basically you want me to show you how to be awesome.

Ester:  *blushes*  Well….. Not really awesome… I thought you were good at this relationship stuff!
Wither: Eh… well, I uh… It depends on your definition of ‘good’, because I mean I’ve only ever courted one girl… But I mean it’s going great.

Ester:  Well easy for you to say!  One girlfriend is better than none!

Wither: “girlfriend?” this means what?

Ester:  It mean when you are dating a girl.  When you guys are a couple she is your girlfriend, and you are her boyfriend.

Ester:  I mean I’ve dated girls before but.. That was back in high school.  And then I met Mani-I MEAN her.

Wither: “date”? Look, speak Lumin, not…whatever language this is.Wither:

Ester:  When you date someone, you like… Are a couple.  And you take them out places.. Like a lunch date or to a coffee shop.  It's basically courting, but more modern.

Wither: Excuse me, it’s the thirty-second thousandth! We are 100% modern. *slurps drinks*

Ester:  *giggles a little*

Ester:  Okay.  So basically I like this girl. She’s really spunky and sassy and…. Well… like the opposite of me.  She HATES this one friend of mine.

Wither: I know all about opposites! Aspin is my total opposite, and that’s why we get along well.

Ester:  So I have a chance then!

Wither: Yep! Now, what you need to do, is be… natural. Be yourself. Don’t act weird. Unless, of course, weird IS your personality...

Ester: But how do I know if my personality is weird or not?????

Wither: ...You don’t know your own personality?

Ester:  I do it's just……… Well.. How do I know if she thinks it's weird or not!

Wither: Oh. That could be a problem. See, Aspin is super transparent, and I always know what she’s thinking.

Ester:  Well.. Mani is NOT like that.  She’s super reserved, and keeps her guard up.  I really never know what she’s thinking unless she tells me.

Wither: Like a cat.

Ester:  What?

Wither: Don’t they have cats in your world?

Ester:  Of course, I just didn’t really get the calling Mani-ER the girl, a cat

Wither: I get it, her name is Mani and you’re embarrassed to say it. Look, she’s not in this world, so shout it to the moon and stars, she can’t hear you. thing.

*Ester looks at him like he’s crazy, just as the purple haired Mani and the golden haired Aspin walk through the door*

Ester:  Oh crud.  Look like you’re busy!  Don’t show your face!

Wither: *ignoring Ester* Heeeyyy Aspin!

Ester:  *facepalm*

Wither: *sly grin* and who’s your friend?

Ester: *cursing under breath* dang it Wither, why did you have to do that!

Aspin: This is Mani! She’s really nice just like everyone else!

Mani: Hey Ester! How’s it going!

Ester: H-Hey… It's going good…

Wither: *realization* oooooh. *smile* *poking ester* You two know each other, huh?

Ester: *whispers* Shut it.

Wither: Two pretty girls like you deserve the best on the menu. If only they had some atmosphere, eh Aspin?

Mani:  Oh please.  Don’t try flirting with me.  I’ve already got my eye on someone.


Ester: *thinking* Oh crud… Well this is the end…. *out loud* Wither, Starbucks doesn’t serve atmosphere.  But I think the second best drink would be their Mocha Peppermint Frappuccino.

Mani:  You do?  Hmm.. i’ll go try it then. You want one Aspin?

Aspin: Huh? Sorry, I wasn’t paying attention. I feel funny.

Wither: Slow down, purple, I wasn’t flirting with you! *winks at Aspin* someone else.

Aspin: Huh? Wait… huh?

Wither: *facepalm*

Mani:  I’ll go order the drinks.

Ester: *laughs*  transparent, huh?  Always knows what she’s thinking, Huh?

Wither: Totally.

Aspin: *making face* I’ll be right back. *running out of building*

Ester:  Smooth Wither.  Real Smooth.

Wither: *stunned* What the? I uh… WHAT DID I DO?!

Wither: *chases after Aspin* wait up! Aspin, oh pretty pyxie princess- sorry, wait, would you rather I didn’t call you princess? WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?


*aspin has slowed down* *wither doesn’t realize and crashes into the tree next to her*
Wither: Great Starcatchers. Ow. I am very hurt.

Aspin: ….*not moving* *is frozen*


Wither: *sitting up* What happened in there? Ester says I did something What did I do?

Aspin: *blanching* absolutely nothing… I just don’t feel good…

Wither: ...but you always feel good about everything.

Aspin: That’s the problem, isn’t it?

Wither: Aspin…. No, no, no…

Aspin: *crying*
Wither: And I’m leaving.

Aspin: *looking up* For a dramatic person you really hate tears.

Wither: *fidgeting* uhuh.

Aspin: Like you’re scared of crying.

Wither: Nope. You’re reading too much into things again.

Aspin: Sorry.

Wither: Should we head back and deal with awkward or go home and pretend nothing happened?

Aspin: What’s awkward?

Wither: And we go back.



(Meanwhile, inside..)

*Mani comes back to the table with drinks*

Mani:  Well, where did they go?

Ester: Wither accidentally hurt Aspin’s feelings, and then she ran and he ran after her.

*Mani sits down next to Ester*

Mani:  Well, I don’t mind finishing brunch with you.

Ester: Uh.. Okay.  *Thinking:  Oh.  My.  Gosh.  Is.  She.  Flirting.  With.  Me.  AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!*

*Ester doesn’t realize it but he’s blushing uncontrollably*

Mani:  You’re cute when you blush.

*Mani kisses Ester’s cheek*

Ester:  I…. Uh….


Mani:  We should go out together sometime.

Ester:  Uhh.. Sure.. That would be awesome!  Uh.. See ya then!

*Mani leaves the Starbucks*
*Ester is completely red faced and blushing*

(Wither and Aspin enter)

Aspin: where’d mani go and why does it appear that your internal temperature has risen to an uncomfortable level?

Ester:  Uh…,

Wither: *arm cross* Ester, Ester. You look like a tomato fallen from the great tomato orchard of Trale.

Aspin:  Well, I better find Mani…. Bye… Wither. See you.. Later?

Wither: *finger guns* Tomorrow if we can swing it.

Aspin: *confused* okay...
*Aspin leaves the starbucks*

Wither: *turning to Ester really quickly* TELL ME EVERYTHING.

Ester:  Okay.  You’re not gonna believe this.  SHE KISSED ME ON THE CHEEK!!!!!

Wither: So technically she missed.

Ester:  Uh………..

Wither: Calm down, I’m kidding. That’s great for you! *looks around frantically* wait, what time is it?

Ester:  *looks at watch* Uhh.. 12:00?  Maybe you should invite Aspin to a Lunch date?

Wither: The time the sun is highest!!! O, no, no. nooo. Hehee, faerie and pyxie have differing opinions about that time of day.

Ester:  Hey I’m the one that got kissed today.  Maybe I should be giving relationship advice now…

Wither: *pales* Uh… (thinking: I hate having to have advice!)
Ester:  Yes.  You’re gonna ask Aspin out on a date.

Wither: But uh….

Ester:  Yes.  You are and that’s final.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN WITHER ASKS ASPIN ON A DATE?  FIND OUT NEXT TIME!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Intro: Daisy

Ladies and Gentlemen, Humans and Extraterrestrials... Welcome to Power of Paper! Wait, hold on- what even is Power of Paper? I hear your question, and will gladly answer. Power of Paper is a collaboration blog run by two Christian writer girls. You're meeting one of them right now- me ! I'm Daisy, and you'll meet my friend Sophie in the next post.  We created this blog to share our love of writing with others. We both have other blogs-  Caught Daydreaming  and  Lunar Reflections - but this blog is just for writing- for sharing the power of paper . Now, a little bit about me: I'm Daisy, and I'm a strange little dreamer who collects dolls, and is obsessed caffeine, rain, and gifs. I'm homeschooled, I like dark chocolate, and name a fandom and I'm probably into it. I've not published a book yet but I have feeling I will soon. Write on!

The crazy tales of Daisy and Shuffle...

Here are the crazy texting tales of Daisy and Shuffle.... I screenshotted these using Daisy's permission.... So... The blue is me and the white is Daisy.. First off lets see an argument over star wars theories! And now.. The crown jewel of that day... (Gosh I love Evermore.  Its such a pretty song!) Now tell me that wasn't hillarious. Hehe well have a nice day all of you! Go steal some cookies and outsmart Apollo's riddling while screaming about Lafayette! <3 from Sophie!

The Intro: Sophie!!!

Hey-Lo!!!!! <a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/18872217/?claim=zyqbu9kbb23">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a> Ignore this code.  Daisy and I have to claim this blog on bloglovin. By now if you're reading this, you may or may not have seen Daisy's intro. But yes, I am her best friend, companion, fellow writer, and co-worker I guess.. for Power of Paper. I have my official intro and about page in the pages section, if you want to read that... Anyways. Fun fact, I was the one who came up with the name Power of Paper.  I was just throwing out names (Because before this blog was The Power of Paper it was Looney Duo covers, Daisy and mine's Nano cover blog) to use.. and that's just one I threw out there.  She freaked out and loved it and I was just thinking (Okay I can actually name stuff Good?  This is new....) For the life of me I cannot name things that well so I was actually surprised she liked the name so much. I a